Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4075954)   #2180
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
We have had some absolutely great races this year. Can we not close this thread, as it is no longer relevant.

though may be time to start looking at the last couple of years to see what conclusions we can draw about why the racing was better/has been getting better.

- Covid added a bunch of tracks F1 hasent seen for a long time and thus teams were not prepared to the Nth degree for them.

- back to back races at the same venues and altered race weekend formats.

- travel restrictions meant smaller groups of staff traveling at at each event.

- movement towards reduced budgets.

- carry over of an old chassis and a partial freeze on development allowed the field to get closer together. starting to see the mid field catch up to the top teams on occasion now.

the last one for me i feel is the best lesson...why does F1 need a new car every season?

extending the development cycle across a couple of seasons may be the ticket.

rather, every season we hope they will solve the aero/following problem and every year they fail to. maybe the issue is just as simple as saying they fail because these creative engineers are never given enough time with the same set of cars to solve the problem?

nothing is ever that simple of course but an idea worth examining more imo.