View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3118502)   #233
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Honestly, they should be fine with Roger and they've owned a house there for quite some time. Lots of money and just ask a particular famous United States political family how "laws" apply to certain people in that area.

However, the ability of his team to attract and keep sponsors, especially the Female Empowerment sponsorship which they currently have () will be severely hampered. Not that Jay was destined for motorsports glory anyway, it's no wonder Tim and not one of his sons will be Roger's likely successor.
Penske will be like Bernie E, if they keel over in a business meeting, it will be a fitting end as far as they are concerned. Penske will probably still be around for another 20 years. I just can never see him retiring.

He owns at least a thousand different businesses, maybe more and I'm sure someday it will end up in some sort of family run and controlled group.

Likely because no one knows who these guys are or what the irl is anymore, it's not going to be a big media story and the Penske's can afford to lawyer or PR up with whatever they need to smooth everything over. I can see at least one bill for new sexy boots though.