View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3118618)   #235
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Personally, if people want to have a rant, whether delusional or not they have that right, I don't have to read it or react to it.
Yup. There's an old internet saying which goes along these lines that mentionst gnomes or something like that and how to deal with them.

Having returned to being interested in US open wheel racing only around the time of reunification, I can say that I had to play catch-up to some extent on what happened during the years of the split in both series and/or after Alex Zanardi's accident in CART. I consider it somewhat sad that some teams from the pre-split series did not exist long enough for reunification.

But what did surprise me in the post-reunification years, was how the people working in the sport had no inhibitions about changing ship and working for or hiring somebody from across the great divide. I think that's great and that spirit is what really reunited the series.

Now if only the important tracks which fell off the schedule and were lost to NASCAR could return, things would be fine from my fan perspective. I have no interest whatsoever in arguing with fans of this or that party in the split. Instead, I want to see drivers battle it out on track.

Here's hoping for a good season's end.