View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3813594)   #899
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's the toggling that gets em everytime.
That's really weird. Until you posted this, I was puzzled by why I had used the word "toggle"; I mean, it's not really a word that I would normally use in everyday conversation.

So I looked it up, and it is actually a term used in computing for switching between "things". I must have picked it up back in the early eighties when our business computer on which the disc drivers were moved by sophisticated rubber bands. At that time we used various programmes which required different operating systems, one being MS-Dos and the other being CP/M, and one had to flip between the floppy discs for each depending on what programme we needed to use.

And people still go on about the good old times!