View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3843990)   #1620
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Bit off piste, and I'm not sure if it'll be blocked by a paywall (I'm a Times subscriber so can see it), but I found this amusing :
Sounds like a nice little jolly. Presume Red Bull is marketed in the USA so a PR stunt?

There’s been mention on the forum (on a couple of occasions) of how useful Facebook had been in recovering stolen cars. Seems it is also doing good recovering stolen motor bikes, or repatriating them at least when found. But in CCW this week, a not so happy story. A GT6 owner was having to park his pride and joy in a side road as he had no garage or off street parking at his house. Although the car was occasionally used, a Facebook user had spotted it more than once and suggested on line that it could have been abandoned. The resultant conversation revealed the location, and guess what- the car is then stolen. Not just stolen, but left in a field and torched....

OK, not the most sensible thing to do, parking a Classic away from your house in a side road, but it does make you think! Well, it made me think....