Old 2 Feb 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4142505)   #124
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
I forget the regs at Le Mans, are you allowed to do anything else while driver change takes place? If so, I would have thought they'd be not too badly off with parallel activity, but if not it probably won't help. That said, they're in a class of 1, so it's probably manageable.

GTD pace (according to that article) sounds reasonable at this stage (more than reasonable, to be honest, a little surprising). What's the delta between GTD and GTE as will be at LM this year? There's a bit of a gap, presumably with GTE aero. Still, doesn't sound like they're going to be horribly embarrassed for pace; it'll be interesting to see where and how it generates it around LM.
Driver changes can be done at any time during a pitstop, however it's not possible to change tyres whilst refueling.

The pace isn't surprising as GT3/GTD is pegged back with BoP. I'm guessing the NASCAR is quick on the straight bits and crap in the wiggly bits, sector times comparison from Daytona would be interesting I'm sure.

I'm guessing for LM they will be somewhere around the tail end of GTE-AM times, no one will want them getting in the way of the battle up front of GTE-AM especially if my guess on how they generate their lap times is correct.