View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3722484)   #3
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's a bit better than the current car. Makes it look like a real racing car.
Agreed! From this angle, the change to the engine cover looks hugely dramatic. But it shows you what can be done when you change where the car is breathing from. I like it a lot. It looks more like the IL-15, which I quite like. Makes me think this will be a Dallara project - why add in another manufacturer? Unless that comes with a paycheck, I guess.

Even the Panoz DP07 looked a little bit long in the rear, this car appears to be much shorter in the rear than a lot of modern IndyCars have been, but surely that must be entirely down to removing the rear wheelpods and cutting away at the bodywork; as the tub won't be changed in this process. Have to wonder if this will make the car less rear-end-biased in accidents.

I also like how much further forward bodywork appears to go on the sidepods, with the inclusion of the radiators, seems a common sense way to improve the crash-suitability of the car.

Chris