Thread: Gloves
View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3854506)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Incident - welders are mostly perfect and despite carrying others, they're my first choice. I've had gloves which have sustained surprising amounts of damage doing surprisingly minimal tasks and which have protected me well. Two obvious examples were keeping me safe when accidentally holding the exhaust of an inverted F3 (because it was the only you could hold) and also when switching of the electrics on a Caterham I caught the back of the gloves on a piece of broken carbon fibre which sliced 3/4 of the way through. I'll only use something else if I have a specific need, which I think was once...

Rescue - I use Ringers extrication, but also have a pair of Mechanix for finer detail.

Flagging. Don't bother. Skin is waterproof and grippy. If it's cold I just have an ordinary pair with grippy palms, but again, very rarely used.