View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3856904)   #20
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I see in The Leicester Mercury today there is a quote from Kevin Wheatcroft saying that the museum didn't fit into the business model of MSV.
I suppose that really, the original museum was another one of Tom's schemes, somewhere to house his collection, and to give members of the public the opportunity to view them. This also encouraged others (such as McLaren) to loan cars to the museum for people to see.
Kevin clearly has little of his Dad's passion for motorsport and his interests lie elsewhere.
Plus I suppose the museum building is at the wrong end of the circuit now as the original main entrance is no longer the focus of the park, this having moved to the original paddock entrance.
It's sad as I see it as another severance of Tom Wheatcroft from the circuit he adored and renovated...