View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2796657)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So how was it for you?

A couple of years back we were all exercised by how the recession would affect historic racing. Well, from the outside I would say not much at all! It's the recovery I'm far more worried about.

Firstly, public spending frightening people into cutting back.

Secondly, MSA rule creep with speed eventers now having to buy FIA suits. In droves, they're saying it's too much for a couple of hill climbs a year in a Vintage or Classic car! It's not the money, it's the principle and it's particularly going to hit old car racing.

While bankers never decimated historic racing by throwing themselves off buildings like we were promised, I think the recovery will be far more of a threat. Maybe not at Masters or Festival level, but definitely in the feeder series.

How was it for you and how do you think it will be? I'm definitely revising my forecasts downwards, I think the recession was phoney but the recovery will be very testing.

Last edited by midgetman; 28 Nov 2010 at 07:08.