View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2796876)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I think its just time-lagged.....we managed most of last season on savings accrued over the previous few years - but the last couple of years have seen my business go much quieter and the amount people are prepared to spend drop markedly - as I sell second-hand parts the price is highly negotiable and always downwards....so my takings and therefore profits are markedly down - so our racing for next year is in serious doubt. There are other factors of course, but I'd say that for some sectors (particularly the motor trade - or the lower end of it, where I skulk) there has been a prolonged drop, and the effects of that are going to be felt for a few years.....couple that with increased costs for fuel, insurance, tyres etc and I would expect a marked drop in activity for some series...particularly the "budget" ones - unless they benefit from people "down-sizing"...