View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2889998)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Chezza that only having one club is not good.
However the BMRMC or whatever it's now called, is solely dedicated to Marshals and is not attatched to any racing club/series etc, with their hidden genders. People like Chris Hobson (the Chairman) do a damn good job of sticking up for us with the MSA.
I've been in continuous membership for 26 years and whilst there are people (Mike Devine springs to mind) with double that service, I'm proud to be a member and long may I continue to do so. Yes I'm a member of other clubs - Silverstone Marshals Club, BARC & Midland Centre, Nottingham Sports Car club & AMOC off the top of my head, but as far as marshalling is concerned it's the Marshals Club.
The only part of the club I'm not particularly impressed with is the insurance, I don't bother with it because whilst at the start of the season I think I know where i'm going every weekend, the dear old MSA have other ideas, and quite often on a Thursday morning I get the 'help' email which means I'm stewarding somewhere at the weekend.

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 2 Jun 2011 at 13:52.