View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2890166)   #12
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
There are several reasons i think there should be ONLY ONE marshals club the bmmc....

1) insurance is important....thats why im with them
2) the bmmc is not associated with organisers and therefore only have marshals in mind....for us thats important
3) people like chris hobson etc are all passionate and ALWAYS have marshals welfare in mind
4) IF there was only 1 marshals club then more decisions about marshaling standards, welfare etc can be made more quickly and efficiently, with marshals in mind. having several organisations means its harder to organise and means that marshals are more fragmented...and more importantly the marshals voice is more fragmented....

....call me synical but maybe each organising club wants their own marshaling club because they have their own agenda and it suits them to keep marshals voices fragmented...that way we arent as strong as one unified group of volenteers!!!

can...worms..open??? barrage of abuse ensumes!!