Old 3 Jun 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2890362)   #18
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketcar View Post
As a relativly new marshal I hadnt a clue of the role clubs played untill someone explained it to me. I joined BMMC as a rookie as it did provide me with some usefull infomation; however I wonder what I have actually got out of it as nearly all of the marshalling infomation I have needed has come from people I have worked with on post, or a few helpfull people from individual racing clubs.
People on post and the individual Racing Clubs are all valuable sources of support and information too, most definitely. That's how I've found this Marshalling game to work. But by being a member of the BMMC you have an the back up of a large body of knowledgable people, whom are working for our better good. They are constantly in contact with the other clubs and circuits/venues to get or make conditions better for us, added to this, you are provided with a considrable insurance policy as back up each time you leave your house to go out in Orange/Red/Black/Purple (delete as applicable).
And there are discounts to be had on Overalls and many other companies offer discounted goods to members too.

So, it may seem like you're not getting much out of being a member, but in reality, you're getting a lot. For the insurance alone

Elliot.