[B]
Results Summary

2011 to 2012 Biggest Improvers (Top 5)
Welsh Sports Car & Saloon Championship (WRDA) - Up 135 positions to 65th
BMW Compact Cup (750MC) - Up 133 positions to 54th
1950s Sports Racing Cars (VSCC) - Up 107 positions to 31st
RAF MSA Challenge (CSCC) - Up 94 positions to 41st
2CV Championship (BARC) - Up 80 positions to 34th
An interesting poll which focuses on a definable metric of grid sizes.

I welcome the RAFMSA making the stats due to the work of the club members to promote and bring variety to our race series.

A small point but worth mentioning as it changes the statistics; we were buying grids with both BARC and Morgan Sports Car Club in 2012 rather than CSCC.

In addition I was intrigued by the follow-on comments:

"While grid size may not be the only factor, this will certainly form a part of my decisions about which meetings to go to."

"It will be used by me for vetting which meetings to avoid and which to go to in 2013!"

Our racing for example has never been about grid size, it is about providing cost effective racing primarily for RAF personnel with other services and associates (non serving) racing with us. Therefore it will always have a limited number of racers who fit within the criteria so our pool of racers is naturally capped as are our grids.

Our aim is to deliver mixed ability and mixed cars racing providing, within a set of well defined rules and criteria, what we regard as 'interesting' racing. This means that the most expensive/fasted car does not necessarily win as we run a handicap system to reward the most consistent driver. Our further aim for 2013 will to be run more full handicap pitstop races which will add to the interest.

The so what? is that whilst there is an incredible amount of effort here to showcase grid sizes and take the temperature of club racing via its relative grid size, that grid increase may lead to more interesting racing but it is not the only criteria.

My own view is that grid size is only one factor and I would recommend those using it to determine their race attendance to use it as one factor in their decisions to visit races in 2013 not the sole criteria.

Just my thoughts!

Regards

Brian