View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3204487)   #22
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
maybe you are right, but the benchmark time (2.06) is not mentioned in cams rules anywhere. Its a rule set by the actual race organisers, my understanding is it comes from the Blancpain series regulations.
Your understanding is wrong.

It's a (CAMS) rule which is applied to multiple circuits, categories, and events.
There's sense in declaring generally applicable (% defined) confines, despite there being no sense in the rule itself - 'If you're handed a turd sandwich.'

As the organisers have had the rule mandatorily thrust upon them, there's no escaping its use as a window of eligibility.
For better or worse, they've elected to place the window such that the bounds of eligibility are broadened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
the 130% is a cams base rule (as you linked and as GTS300 updated) that can be changed (reduced) by series organisers if they want to

its good we get rid of the 2.06 rule, will mean we get rid of some slower class cars
Regardless of whether the goalposts are moved, its confines are static.
I'd much prefer the event retain a decent number of production touring classes. It's multi-class, endurance racing. There are already a decent volume sanitised, single-class GT3 series/events.

While the minimum time (and penalty) are ridiculous, it's of no great consequence, and doesn't (in theory, and if infraction hasn't occured) impinge on any entry's ability to lap faster than such during the race.