View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3956108)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
I'd imagine the cheque has been received, cashed and cleared.
The thing that the Liberty lawyers would be awaiting is a decision from the Chinese that means they cannot be pursued for non delivery of the event.
no doubt they will want legal protection and i suspect the teams, who themselves may have independently signed up for various promotional events or what not which they now need to get out of, are also looking for some protection.

just my own inference, but the teams need FOM to cancel, FOM needs the FIA to cancel, the FIA needs the local auto club/promoter to cancel, the local auto club needs the Shanghai or Chinese national sporting governing body to cancel...and all the way up the legal ladder of indemnity. such is the way of the world...even in China surprisingly.

thinking back to Bahrain 2011 though...i dont think anyone is looking to take the money and run. i imagine every effort will be made to reschedule either this season/next year/as soon as possible.

i imagine there is potentially more money to be made down the road if FOM/FIA shows as much support for China in coming back after this health crisis is over.

bit of a side note, i was doing a some reading about Bahrain 2011 and it seems Ross Brawn was kind of vocal about his displeasure of rescheduling that race. while his concern was more about his team and their own logistic issues, it will be interesting to see how he handles the issue of rescheduling now that he is part of FOM management.