Thread: Driver Alonso to Renault in 2021
View Single Post
Old 21 May 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3977549)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
with the 2020 cars to be used in 2021 plus the 2021 budget cap i think Renault stay. no doubt money will be tight but the sport may look to be a lot more cost effective in 2021 which, if things go back to more normal, races with fans, more prize money, may make it all the more attractive at least as an advertising platform.

Alonso has expressed his desires to return once the cars change/new regulations come into play, but as that has been delayed to 2022 at the earliest...not cars he likes and limited available seats i would bet no Alonso in 2021.

i will admit to not being a huge fan but he is entertaining and talented so i would like to see what he could do at age 40 in an F1 car. and if the new regs actually brings the racing closer then for sure he is (or was) the type of driver i would love to see in that mix.