View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3738752)   #53
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I was pondering that. I doubt TOCA would want to, because the paddock access is terrible and it might even be too small for the entire BTCC circus to fit into.

From a racing perspective, the sequence through Abbey/Farm/Village would be interesting due to the fast/slooooow/fast nature; the flick through the Link into Becketts has a feature that isn't so obvious from a brief viewing - the camber changes dramatically, there's a big bump where the GP circuit peels off left due to the different camber angles and there's a massive sausage kerb in the Link to boot. That would definitely make for some interesting racing

Hangar Straight might be a bit too long for the telly, although seeing BTCC cars going three wide into Stowe would be quite the sight!
I think one of the main reasons for not using the GP circuit is TV. It would require a lot more cameras to cover the full circuit, and with that would involve extra cost for the TV company so not really an option.