View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3787098)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
But this isn't something for F1 to rule on surely. It's the local sponsors/promotors that arrange and hire the event "promotional personnel".

Personally, I think that if someone regardless of gender, wants to earn money by holding a grid number or national flag at an event then that should be their choice.

I would say however that if a "uniform" is required, it should be appropriate to the event, audience and weather conditions.
I think in the article, the bosses of Silverstone say that it is not their call - but a requirement of the series?

'Individual grands prix cannot opt out of F1's use of 'grid girls'.

Silverstone boss Stuart Pringle says his personal view is the practice is "outdated", adding "lycra can stay in the 1970s and 80s for me, I don't want any of that tarty nonsense".

He acknowledges "very smartly presented, beautiful ladies" have "added a certain amount of glamour" but added: "Our fans and spectators and customers come to Silverstone and think that because its happening at Silverstone it must be Silverstone's decision as they think quite a lot of it is down to us, when remarkably little is on occasion.

"There is a perception that this is Silverstone's view but actually we think its an egalitarian world and I don't want my daughter growing up thinking that lycra is what she ought to aspire to."'