Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3615202)   #1457
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
He reminisces that in 1974...
I will try to listen to that later today. I always like "back in the day" stories. To the comment of a headcount of 34 people. Even putting the PSU and other "complexities" aside, there is no way anyone could run an F1 team today with only 34 people if you factor in everything to design, construct and race a modern F1 car. I am curious as to the size of even some of the small race car manufactures like a Ginetta, Elan or maybe even someone a bit bigger like a Riley. What is their "total" headcount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't long for the old days, but I do hanker for a simpler form of racing, one that does not need 400 bods to keep just two cars on a track for just two hours every two to three weeks
I do think there could be ways to keep it technical and entertaining without a large army of people. But it would have to be something a bit different than today. It would be interesting to see what it would look like with budget caps that keeps the manpower to a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
real time data acquisition and analytics might just be the most important and real world relevant work F1 is doing right now. i think its scope should be expanded not limited.
IMHO... Yes

Richard