View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3262020)   #8
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Well, firstly i'am surprised/flattered that my throw-away comments stirred such a "reaction".

Let me clarify some things.

I have marshaled for BARC at Thruxton twice (Well, 1x training day & 1x meeting). It was 'ok'. I did it primarily for a signature on my race license but I enjoyed it. I am glad i did it but just don't feel like i want to do it again any time soon.

My comments are, quite clearly, uninformed. From the comfort of my sofa, i am not party to the on-post communications. But, this in itself raises a point. Perhaps marshal's have a bit of an image problem to those outside? I have, myself defended marshals (as a whole) when they have come under criticism from my racing peers for handling of situations.

The comments possibly stick out like a sore thumb in the Marshal section of a forum, as it is most commonly frequented by...... marshals. But believe me, my comments are tame compared with some of the things i've heard cast in your direction over the years.

I will accept that this thread was the wrong place for such comments though. And for that, i am sorry and sorry for any offence it caused at this sensitive time.

Congratulations to you and Jan (is that the lady with the Panda hat?) on your commendations.

Peat