View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3262566)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Should we be looking at requesting that radios are issued with pouches that can be clipped on to a belt?
I've found that it's actually RARE to get a fist mic in the UK, so a radio has to be clipped wherever it can be accessable. As for the clips on radios, they are easy to get off a belt, again for accessability.

My personal preference is to have a fist mic, and indeed, until recently I had two fist mics of my own (one with standard pins and one with "Motorola" pins) I also use what's really a small camera case that my belt fully goes THROUGH rather than a clip. Radio goes in the case, case has a proper plastic clip/lock and the fist mic goes on the overalls.

So, relatively low cost way for organising clubs and circuits to help mitigate against this.... provide fist mics for all radios, that way users can keep the main radio in a pouch or a pocket and not have it anywhere it can drop off.