View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3862375)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
There’s a couple of things I don’t understand about this. If the rule is that you can drive off the scales, why aren’t they fixed down, or if the rule is you have to be pushed off (which I think it is) then why weren’t there some Ferrari mechanics down there. No doubt someone will point towards the fia stewards behind the car not helping out, but would that be classed as outside assistance? Not sure
Apologies if I’m teaching granny how to suck eggs, but they were portable corner weight scales which just sit on the tarmac or floor or whatever, and have separate ramps up and down to the actual scales. I assume the FIA have their special set which travel to the GPs and avoid any accuracy questions if using local stuff. The way they work requires the car to be gently moved onto and off the scales so as not to damage the mechanism, and to stop them being launched across the room or tarmac, which is exactly what happened! If the engine is left running then the scales will be affected by the movement, hence the need for it to be switched off.

In this instance the whole episode looks very amateurish, the officials obviously not in control of the situation. Not helped by the Driver’s impatience......