View Single Post
Old 31 May 2020, 05:17 (Ref:3979385)   #8
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm an indycar fan, watch every race. The indy 500 is one my less favorite races. I like the road and street courses most, but enjoy the ovals, too. The shorter ovals seem to make for the best oval races though. Actually, the last few years both indy and pocono have become more interesting to me, (more fascinating than interesting, really) because you can really sense the danger. Not necessarily a good thing, but the sense of danger and risk seems to have gone up in recent years, with bourdais' accident and even worse at pocono. It makes it both hard to watch and hard to look away at every pass or two wide situation. It isn't the history or pageantry that gets me into the 500, it's just those tense moments.

I also don't want to see wrecks and injuries. But seeing those and the consequences makes the race so much more intense. That's what the 500 is to me now, intense. Not my favorite race, but intense and a little scary.

So maybe, don't worry if indy isn't at the top of your list of indycar races. But watch some of the wrecks like bourdais of late and the consequences of them, then watch the side by side racing and cars getting loose in the corners and maybe you'll be holding your breath multiple times a lap next time you watch it! Then look forward to the even better indycar events (imo) at road America, watkins glen, detroit, st Pete, etc....