View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3980984)   #25
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been a Formula 1 fan since 2010, I think I haven't missed a race, and I honestly don't know why anyone _must_ watch IndyCar in addition to F1. There are weekends in between those two week or three week long breaks between F1 races when there isn't much else to watch, and then I guess I can watch an IndyCar race, although I personally would advise the bored, but nonetheless time limited, people to catch a MotoGP race instead. Now, _that_ is really exciting.

The quality of IndyCar racing nowadays is of course subpar to F1. Notice how IndyCar dropped standing race starts? That's because Indy drivers can't start a race from stand without at least one of them stalling on the track. They just can't do it. It was a disaster when they tried it.

There used to be a time, 20-40 years ago, when IndyCar had lots of quality drivers, and top Formula 1 teams could hire a young IndyCar driver straight into a top F1 car seat. There were too many to mention. F1 champions without any feeling of embarrassment switched between F1 and IndyCar at will. But today, do you see any F1 teams hiring an IndyCar driver? No. Do you see even a mid-level F1 driver switching to IndyCar? No of course. They used to go to DTM, WEC, and the like. These days, many of F1 dropouts end up in Formula E. Almost no one comes to IndyCar (and please don't mention Alonso, the guy tried to race ONLY in Indy 500, not the whole season).

What are the other reasons IndyCar sucks? How about up to seven full course cautions on a road track? Guys, please. If somebody was foolish enough to lose his car to kitty litter, then just continue the race. Don't stop the whole f-ing race for ten minutes just so the sob's car can be rescued back to the race track, restarted, and joined back into the race two laps down. Ridiculous.