View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2018, 02:50 (Ref:3844555)   #1761
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
On the subject of bop, sorry I mean eot, Toyota seems to be involved in helping the ACO/to make decisions.

From s365 Saturday notebook https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ay-notebook-8/

Vasselon said*the pre-event EoT changescame in an open dialogue with the governing bodies.*“We discussed and came to something, which in our and the ACO and the FIA’s opinion, makes sense,” he said. “It respects some principles and brings the field together.

“What was much more difficult before was the lack of data. Our concern was that the data was not good enough at the time and there was a risk of error. We had to protect ourselves. Now we have much more accurate data so it’s an easier job of what we want to achieve.”

Is this surprising to anyone else? I thought the rules makers made choices on their own to manage the competition?
I read that too. I thought it was more about Toyota helping out in the eot because they know their own speed so maybe they give the ACO outlines on what would equal that speed if they were making a private teams' car? That was my take at least. I don't think it's that nefarious or that Toyota want an automatic advantage. The hybrid is already an advantage most of the time anyway.

I thought another thing was telling in that the eot helped non-turbo teams for this round. I figured that would help Rebellion out even more and they'd be clearly ahead of the other privateers, but it looks like the SMP team has starte to come on strong. It could also be because they have already tested the HD kit in the off-season while Rebellion's is sorta new.