View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2004, 18:44 (Ref:880695)   #1
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just talked to Micahel Valiente last night

So late last night I flew into SanFrancisco Airport from Portland Oregon. I'm competing in rounds 1 & 2 of the SCCA Formula Russell Championship, but who do I see in the airport as I get off my plane? Michael Valiente. I know that Lynx Racing is based out of Sonoma at Infineon Raceway where my races are, so I thought maybe he was doing some testing or something although it seemed unlikely he would still be testing in an Atlantic car. So I approached him and said hi and asked what his plans are for the season and if his ride with Walker is a done deal yet. He said he didn't have anything solid and he wasn't sure if the Walker deal was gonna work out. He did say that he had just gotten back from a test though "with something else" . I asked if it was Open Wheel and he said yes, I asked if it was Champcar and he said yes. Then he said something to the effect of "I just need to be driving something, and thats what I was doing, I don't have anything solid yet, but there is a good chance I'll be doing at least some races in Champcar this year. " Anyways, he didn't seem too enthused about whatever team he had just tested with, but seemed happy that it was a prospect for SOMETHING. So I wished him goodluck with the season and I was on my way. So, anyways, let the speculation begin.