Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3947695)   #767
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'm thinking they should because both are at the same amount of wins. But I'm not sure exactly. Seems more complicated than it should be.
I do not think they will be having the same "penalty" will apply to both cars in Austin.

This is how they calculated it for Bahrain.

"That is despite both Japanese cars lying more than 40 points ahead of the last-placed car in the championship classification.
The explanation of the new system introduced for the LMP1 class this season issued in August states that "the maximum performance reduction applied may not be greater than the equivalent of 40 points".
But it is understood that when the gap to the lowest points scorer is more than that amount the handicaps are calculated from a 'virtual' last-placed car lying 40 points behind the championship leader.
The three-point gap between #8 and #7 would explain the 0.21s differential in the handicaps between the two Toyotas based on this criterion."

There is now an eight-point gap between #7 and #8. I expect to see #7 having a difference against almost 3 times worst than the #8 had in Bahrain. Which means, there will be no fight between both Toyotas.