View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3751931)   #77
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I'm not sure if my post got people riled up, but I wasn't asking about records or trying to discredit anyone for having the best car. More wondering if people view someone like ricciardo, who improves his spots from qualifying more so than others as better or the ones that put it up front and stay there more often. It wasn't trying to pick an argument between drivers.

Was a fun race. Bottas is a serious contender at this point. Got to wonder if the bits Ferrari were forced to take off before last race means its back to Mercedes being a clear #1. Something about a flexible underbody piece or something? And maybe using oil in the fuel was mentioned abput Ferrari too.

Always fun watching verstappen when he's close to others. Once it's all.spread out, he can't show what he can do as much. His fight with vettel was great.
Certainly NOT riled up, just tossing in a record that I suspect might never (never, say never) be broken.

Personally I think these spurious statistics bandied about are just commentators floss, it seems there always some 'first' about to be reached.

Like my Fangio post, one can not realistically compare the various eras with each other, so winning more races that X does not diminish X's achievement.

Still it keeps the children happy.