View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3814468)   #302
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I see things got worse for Hartley as he was given a post race penalty of 30 seconds for a warm up lap infringement, as was Perez. Thus Perez and Hartley were re classified 16th and 17th behind the two Williams.

Nothing to do with their lap 1 contact, as I said this was due to warm up infringements, with both drivers failing to folllow protocol.

https://au.eurosport.com/formula-1/h...09/story.shtml
Yet another stupid regulation.

I can sort of understand that if you are delayed on the grid for the green flag lap and the whole field passes by that you should start from the pit lane; but why not from the back of the grid?

But what I cannot for the life of me comprehend is that if just one car passes you and you do not re-take your correct position in the line of cars before a certain line, then you also have to start from the pit lane.

In this case, Perez was penalised because he didn't let Hartley get past to retake his "rightful" position, and Hartley was penalised because he should have therefore driven into the pits to start from there.

All I can do is just shake my head at the crassness and pettiness of it. And they wonder what is wrong with F1 !