View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4044919)   #7942
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Once the convergence is completed, who knows - they might "up the power" slowly through evolutions of the rules.
Of course that will happen. The lap times will decrease anyway. LMP1s were doing sub 3:15 lap times despite the regulations, not because of them.

In the mid-2000s, the top class were doing 3:30s and then with development, the lap times came tumbling down. Obviously LMHs are homologated, but new, quicker cars will join and the BOP will be made faster, as well as advances in set-up and understanding of any track changes.

I'm also finding the criticism of slowing down LMP2 slightly odd, I can remember all the way back to - checks notes - 4 years ago when people complained about the new P2 regs. I, for one, actually agree with everything said in criticism of the time and I would be perfectly happy for that category to die. I hate spec racing. I just find it odd that so many are now defending it !