Old 19 Nov 2001, 04:58 (Ref:176273)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test

I'll give you the latest as it comes to hand, but at this stage they want to turn it into a botanical gardens...

If the worst case scenario happens, I would like to build a Lakeside tribute site- stories, photos etc.
A botanical gardens is a fantastic idea - there is enough space in the middle, and some of the surrounding areas for all that, plus keep the track for racing. We can even have ducks in the lake.
I was at hte inaugural meeting there, saw the Geoghan brothers racing hte first mini (black) there,
saw the geoghan brothers put on a spectacle with the lotus Elite and the Dainler Dart, (staged of course),
and poor David Jeremiah rolling his holden at teh end of the straight. The story went that the rolled car was bought and kept there in place for several meetings for effect,
and it was here that I met John Surtees that year when his car broke down, it rained cats and dogs, and John hopped the fence and took cover in our tent. We chatted for nearly an hour.
I had worked out a great way to get there through back roads to avoid all the traffic going and returning home. I think we had to go through a small stream crossing at Cash's crossing.
Gee!! That was a helluva long time ago.