View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3763455)   #72
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes, easy. But in France and Spa for instance during the briefing all drivers are advised they must have at least 2 wheels on the track any time. I dont say its a good rule but its the way we must play the game.
Gerard, I'm an old fashioned chap, and I believe that white lines around racing circuits indicate the limits of the track. And that drivers should keep all 4 wheels inside of those lines. In very much the same way that when we drive on the road, we have to stay within certain parts of the road. We cannot, for example, drive with two wheels on the pavement (also known as a sidewalk) because it might be a quicker route. If we are seen by the police, we will be probably be prosecuted and quite rightly.

Any more than we are allowed to hit traffic islands because they are in the way of the line that we wish to take.

As I wrote in answer to Peter Baker, the fault really lies with the FIA that permits this type of driving. They should stamp it out.

But, as I say, I'm just an old fuddy duddy.