View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2003, 17:38 (Ref:736941)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by vwpilot
The lag is almost non existent on dslrs, even the slow ones. IN using dslrs, i have found the only time i have significant lag is if the camera goes to sleep, then i try to quickly take a shot.
That's one of the things I miss most about my film camera. I can pick it up and snap away almost immediately. With a digital if you haven't used it for a few mins it goes into power-save mode and takes a few seconds to spring back into life. You can turn this feature off or increase the time before it powers down but there's always a trade off with battery life.

Every auto SLR has some sort of lag while it sorts out focus and exposure, DSLR's tend to be more obvious. The first time you use a DSLR you WILL notice it, but it's not something to get concerned about - we're talking about a tiny fraction of a second. Give it half a day and I doubt you'll realise it's there.