View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1501999)   #2
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
Anybody been watching the Andros Trophy... Good to see someone racing the BMW 1-series, although it was loosing to a Kia Rio!!!

Could Ice Racing be one of the hardest racing disciplines in the world.. it's nuts! in some places the back-end was literally the first thing make it round the corners!
The hardest part of Ice Racing is beating Yvan Muller
I don't know if it's really the hardest sport. The sliding looks spectacular but it is all perfectly controlled. I watched quite some races this year but nothing really happened. Also there are drivers from every discipline and they all drive well almost instantly. The cars look absolutely stunning, but the racing is boring most of the time. It probably has to do with the points system. 60 points max for qualifying and only 20 points max for the race. There are not so many overtaking moves, it's mostly processions. The final round of the Trophy is helt in the Stade de France, which looks quite sensational filled with snow!
From my memory the Andros thropy used to be better the first seasons with the Mercedes team, and later with the Snobeck Astras and the likes. It looks way too slick now for my liking.

Quote:
P.S. In the womens trophy there are some pretty good looking gals!
I second that !!!