View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3792725)   #4
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
I've been the last 5 years and it never really changes to be honest, in terms of layout, companies that attend and what you see. For the price it is an expensive day out, if the price was to go up even a few pounds I wouldn't be able to justify it really.

Sumthing's i do find strange, for a Motorsport orientated event I'm surprised the UK circuits don't have a presence there and also there was nothing of note to show off series like MotoGP, WSBK, BSBk, Truck racing which is a shame.

As for the Venue, well its the NEC so make sure you take your own food as the prices are nuts and if you are planning on buying things, make sure you get money from the free to use cash machines at the entrance of the NEC not the ones in the halls as they charge (£1.95 i think).
MSV have been present in previous years, I think last year was the first in a while they were not present. Silverstone circuit are usually there promoting the Silverstone Classic or something like that. The circuit calendars are not completely sorted yet so there is no point handing out event information at the show.

The show was originally called The Racing Car Show, hence why there is little bike action. Bikes have their own show at the NEC that attracts a different audience.

As for food, I have been to the Subway at the rail station. Its a bit of a walk but the prices are cheaper as it's not on NEC group land and the queues are much shorter.