View Single Post
Old 24 May 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3978086)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Paul, the idea behind GT Classic was to make a "prestigious" grid, with Ferraris Lambos and stuff like this. I must confess that before the first season I was consulted about the Porsches because I drove many 911's in different trims. Of course, two 993 Bi-turbo showed up together with one or two Vipers, killing the competition. Sadly, this grid is more or less dying with some 964's and 968's… Hence the Salooncars to join sometimes which should be the case at Bugatti.

Salooncars grid is operated by a very nice person, Claude Maurel, sport and pleasure oriented. The guy is cool! You can have Bimmers, 996 GT3 cup, Audi Quattros and a fast Seven to name few. All in all, very different cars but a lot of battes at different levels. The rules are simple and there's no police to spoil your pleasure. Just find a bloke and have fun.

If everything goes right, talking with my rose tinted glasses, I'll enter my poor little MX5 on road tyres just for the pleasure to drive and share it with MG David. I know the guy is fast and if ever the rain comes…

Have to check the race format, usually its either 2X30' or one hour with mandatory pit stop. I know the Bugatti is very expensive to rent for any organiser. I'll ask Claude if its possible to escape the annual fee for foreigners, can guarantee nothing but trying.

As you say, while you're here why not drive the more you can? This year is different in many aspects, isn't it? I see only one problem entering two grids is the gap between two races to add fuel in the tank and some water in the driver!
Again if everything goes right, we'll be several Tenthers to give help. Would be a nice way to give a kick to the virus…