Thread: WorldSBK 2022
View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4071808)   #65
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
The rumour mill keeps turning, following a double win at Navarra along with 2nd in the third race, Scott Redding has officially announced his departure for the BMW squad for next year leaving Tom Sykes without a ride although there is a strong suspicion that he and Chas Davies will be heading up the Honda team next year. The points table has Toprak and J Rea level and Scott R just 38 points adfrift, if Redding's run of form continues we could have 3 way battle at the top.
I thought Scott rode fantastically well at Navarra, talk about digging deep. Overall, the racing has been really good this year but I'm beginning to wonder if the works Kawasaki in the hands of Rea at least is now at its limit. Time for a review of this perhaps:

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...eason+unveiled

It's interesting to hear the criticism of the performance of the second riders at the Kawasaki and Ducati works teams but maybe their performances (compared to their leading team mates) are a truer reflection of where the bikes actually are i.e. they are difficult to ride and stay on for mere mortals. If you want to extract a Rea or Redding speed out, you need to be a bit special and even then it goes wrong sometimes. Safer to collect the points for the manufacturers title than push and fall trying to keep up with the top trio and fall off.