View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2002, 10:44 (Ref:236288)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree totally, not only was it boring, but it went too fast, well.....only the race, the rest took bloody ages. And who really wants to watch Ford Lasers drive around a race track at 1/10th with no entertainment value!? well, if you want to show racing, put on the proper stuff.

I do beleive at the end of the race though, it did start to get more interesting, but up until the half way point nothing really happened.

And what the hell was the AFL about, its just like watching a snooker telecast, and them saying, "now lets go to something more interesting!"

I think the reason that the V8s were boring is that nobody seemed very in shape for the race, and the viewers were still getting used to the new cars, teams, liveries and drivers. I think if they were to bring Phillip Island back to the first race, then we could view the new cars and everything, and then get a good idea of what you are going to see for large races, such as Adelaide. But the first round of the season is never a interesting one, or an easy to remember affair. Who won the second race (1st round) of 2000? (Rhetorical question).

We will just have to see what the second leg has in store, it always seems to be more interesting. And i enjoy it more.

(PS: I don't want him to beat Skaife or HRT, but bad luck to to Radisich, and good luck for tomorrow)

Thanks for reading it all!