View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2003, 23:58 (Ref:697826)   #1
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did McLaren waste time with the MP4/18?

With all the time and trouble they were having testing the new car, were they able to make any modifications for the MP4/17-D? Because Ferrari and Williams made alot of headway during this season. It seams to me Mclaren waited to long to forget about the new car and start making the car they are using now faster, and I think Kimi sumed that up in the press conference today "transcript form F1-Live.com

KR: "Hopefully we can have some new parts for the car because it is basically the same as the start of the season and we need to get something new now. We will get a new aero package for the next test and hopefully it will work out in the next race."

To little to late?, Could Kimi be ahead in the standings if they would have forgoten about the new car earlier in the season, and tried to upagrde the current car?
I feel the effort and time they wasted, ruined what could have been a better season (unless Kimi Wins it yet)
Is starting with the old car and working on the new one the way to do it? Or should you start with the new car right away and make modifications during the season?

Last edited by boom boom; 25 Aug 2003 at 00:03.