View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1335534)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gadgit

I hope that things are going well with the re-build/ testing. I'd really encourage you to bring the car out to race, though - there's nothing like it! I understand your concerns about bent cars etc (I was one of the cars at Mallory on Boxing Day, but unscathed) but Monoposto is a great championship with a mixture of very experienced & talented drivers along with novices. The novices are made to feel welcome and the driving standards are pretty good - there's rarely any contact (Mallory was very unusual, not helped by grids positions drawn out of a hat) and I would really recommend it. In contrast, one Monoposto 1600 driver at a recent Silverstone test was taken off by a current F3 driver - the F3 driver overtook him on the outside of a bend but got it wrong & clipped a front left wheel - the Dallara was pretty badly damaged!

The BARC-SEC races on the Silverstone Stowe circuit are also a great place to cut your teeth. Stowe is very safe with nothing to hit & wide straights. The atmosphere is very friendly & there's no pressure. The races are great value too - £110 for a practice, an 8 min race and a 15 min race & you don't have to be a member of the BARC either. The next race is on July 17th & I am pretty certain to take part. E-mail claire@gfwilliams.co.uk for an entry form.

Rgds

Andy