View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3931437)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The thing is, realistically what could TOCA or the stewards do if Neal were to torpedo Turkington or Jordan out of the race?
They could apply Regulation 4.2.4:

'Where in the opinion of the BTCC Clerk any competitor(s), team(s) and/or manufacturer(s)/constructor(s) has gained an unfair advantage (whether inadvertently or not) from a breach of the Regulations either by its own actions or those of another competitor the BTCC Clerk may after giving the parties a right to be heard impose any one or more of the following penalties upon such competitor(s) and/or team(s) and/or manufacturer(s)/constructor(s) in order to remove or otherwise compensate for such advantage:-
4.2.4.a. reprimand
4.2.4.b. fine: Future participation in the Championship shall not be permitted until this fine is paid
4.2.4.c. time penalty
4.2.4.d. exclusion from the event or any part thereof
4.2.4.e. one or more of the above penalties may be imposed as appropriate'