View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2001, 23:06 (Ref:78765)   #26
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Thruxton!? No bloody chance It's waaaay too fast for the Mightys. We do visit Combe though, on the 7th of May..

Excellent! Woohoo - Cadwell is a spot-on circuit! It's got straight bits, tight corners, hairpins, a few wiggly bits, it's wide in some places, and very narrow in others (so narrow, you could practically lie down with your arms spread and touch both sides). All you could want from a circuit.

I love it - but it was a damn scary place at first. Jeezus.

And yes, unfortunately, we had a bit of a 'fuel delivery' problem - but I'll go more into that in my race report, which will be posted on my www.fullthrottle.co.uk site (sorry about the URL)

Congrats to Andy Roberts! Well done for challenging for the lead in the Formula Hondas. It looked pretty spectacular , a very creditable second place..

Thanks to Craig and Sparky (hope you got home alright bloke!) for coming along to cheer me along. I didn't finish, but I had a great time, and the rest of the Mini people are such nice people.

Next stop - Oulton Park, so a few of you have no excuses because it's on your doorsteps That's on the 28th April.. We'll be back at the scenic Cadwell Park track on the 1st of July this year for a double header - don't miss it!

I will be racing again on the 21st April at Oulton, the weekend before the Mini race. This time i'll be running the Maestro in the 750mc Hot Hatch championship. That should be quite scary, considering i've never driven te Maestro, and I've never driven around Oulton either