View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1207803)   #44
groupnxu1
Rookie

groupnxu1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought that the Brock 05 VK from 1985( the one they kicked the screens out of) was then converted to the Harvey #3 car for 1986 and then became the # 6 VK in 1987, Due to Brock/Moffat 05 being writen off by Scott in 1987 # 6 VK was then updated to VL spec and campained the Sandown 500 with Crompton and Crooke due to the VL # 10 that later won Bathurst not being back from O/S.

Sandown 87 # 6 VK/VL then ended up in WA and came back to melbourne many years ago sporting a Pink and Black paint scheme and Walkinshaw body kit and is owned by the same person as the Rothmans VL and awaiting resto, i was led to believe that this was Chassis # 13.

I also remember that at the Jagparts auction in the early 90's that there was a VK shell sitting outside with a very bent front end did have the distinctive HDT roll cage design and as i can personally account for the whereabouts of the majority of the HDT customer Built cars and shells it would possibly make sence that it may have been the Brock/Moffat shell.