View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3510827)   #904
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
With Mercedes and BMW rolling out new GT3 cars, I'm hoping that Audi would come up with their latest iteration of their R8 GT3 car!
Debut at Geneva, will race at the N24 and Spa 24 this year.

Am I the only one thinking that 2015/16 will be two absolutely crucial years for the future of GT3? With the Mercedes and Audi, two of the biggest selling GT3-cars are up for replacement. If they get it wrong and make the older gen cars obsolescent too fast, GT3 could lose a significant number of teams. Not so much on the sharp end, of course, but they would lose depth, and that could hurt things in the long run.

I can see a bit of a repeat of what happened in GT1 around 2005, with new, but more expensive and not so readily available cars coming into the market, crowding out the old stalwarts. That really set the class up for the dramatic shrinkage of fields (and ultimately Ratel's failed attempt at the World Championship) a few years down the road.