View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3787517)   #38
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the issue with grid (and podium) girls in the first instance is the dress or lack thereof they are made to nearly wear. While flags, names, sponsor details etc need holding, there should be no need to do so while wearing next to nothing. It's kind of ironic that it's fine for these girls to wear little but the teams go nuts about losing wings and fins because it removes sponsor space. I don't know how sponsors fit on some of the outfits the girls are forced to wear.

Personally it puts me off the thing being advertised when there's a half naked girl advertising it, more so when it's freezing cold. It's just so unnecessary.

In football there are mascots and these are not girls in Lycra but kids in replica kit.

If there is a need for someone to stand there, it shouldn't be a half naked model. It could be men, kids etc and appropriately dressed. If the thing is to see sponsors, regular clothes do that. I've never seen anyone walking around in replica grid girl kit for instance.

It's supposed to be an inclusive society these days so if people are needed to stand around holding things, open it to anyone and wear clothes with sponsor decals - replica overalls, jackets, t shirts etc.