View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3802314)   #86
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
I agree to some extent that a drivers has to deal with the conditions. But since it is a World Championship round and guys who compete at the very top level of rallying, they shouldn't be bothered by 40+ cars competing for the heck of it.
But without those 40+ cars 'competing for the heck of it' there wouldn't be much of an event would there? If you only had the WRC classes it's a pretty small entry. It does seem to have more of an impact in Sweden than on other events but it's pretty much the nature of the beast with this event - as noted above - it's the same every year so you know it's going to be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Looks to be a good weekend for Breen and a superb drive from Katsuta in WRC2.
Agreed - Breen was very impressive this weekend, he kept it clean and made the most of his road position. Neuville similarly impressive (and took advantage of road position too). Katsuta surprised me in WRC2 - I didn't expect him to be right up at the sharp end - with so many locals in WRC2 he's done really well to beat them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX_LeMans View Post
Any thoughts on Ogier's strategy for the Power Stage?
Personally, I don't like it, but the rules allows such things and I've got to say it was a pretty clever move.
Given he'd had the shitty end of the stick all weekend regarding road position I think it was a sensible move - he managed to salvage something from what was a very trying weekend for him. The rules allow it so play the long game and pick up some points from a weekend that really looked like a big fat '0'.