Thread: The Arc
View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2009, 00:26 (Ref:2417078)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK here's the graphic I mentioned.

The two walls in question are

1, the wall nearest the back paddock, I've moved it closer to the paddock in order to extent the gravel trap along the straight a bit, as the wall was perhaps a bit close with only grass.

2, THe wall exiting onto the infield straight that runs parallel(ish) with the oval's back straight. I've taken away the infield circuit's own wall and placed as new gravel trap with the Oval's wall marking the outside of the track. As T1 and T2 of the oval aren't being used, a temporary flag stand on the oval side of the wall could be used.
As the infield circuit nears the chicane onto the oval, I've put in a (poorly drawn) "tear drop" shape to provide another flag point prior to the chicane.

Beyond the chicane I've increased the gravel trap a little, but also squared up the wall, what isn't clear is that I've tried to curve the wall away from the direction of the oval rather than the original "pointing at on-coming cars on the oval.
Attached Thumbnails
Oval 1 mod copy.jpg