View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3882842)   #28
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
would it be that hard to monitor?
As you point out, there are ways. Those who say it wouldn't work talk about the large manufactures being reluctant to "open their books". It's not like there would be an expectation to expose the entirety of Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault, etc. I expect the teams would (if they don't already) operate under a separate legal entity that encompasses just the F1 racing component. And it's my understanding that the proposal excludes the power unit part of the business. Which is probably the harder part to segregate.

Everyone likes to say that it just can't work. But the sport already does things like the work shutdown during the summer. That shows that controls on staffing resources can be implemented. I am a broken record on this, but the main reason everyone fight hard against this is because it is likely to work, or at least work well enough to accomplish the desired goals.

Richard